Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:45:06 -0500
From:      "raymond hicks" <diesel@bsdvault.net>
To:        "'Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira'" <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>, "'Marcelo Cunha'" <mcunha@linkexpress.com.br>, "'Jose Antonio Junior'" <junior@gns.com.br>
Subject:   RE: SurfBoard SB1000 cable modem in FreeBSD?

If that is the case... then the cable modem should have an address on
the LAN side of it.. something like 192.168.100.1 which should be
accessable via web browser.  That is how the surfboard cable modems are
managed.  Once other thing is that the cable modem will fail to connect
from Netscape as the submit tag of the button does not respond
correctly.  Mozilla is a better bet or if he has more then one box on
the network such as a windows box then try from ie on that box to
connect.

  The last of the irritating factors of using such device that I have
found is that when trying to verify connectivity from behind the cable
modem,  forget using ping or any ping related utility such as
traceroute;  the cable modem will only pass response pings to the first
address such as 192.168.100.2 if cable modem is 192.168.100.1.

This is how I currently have mine set up and it is working fine for me..

Hope this helps