Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 1995 03:55:24 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   The tree will be tagged for 2.1.0-RELEASE on 9 Nov 1995, 23:00 PST

Barring any last minute delays, the scheduled time for tagging the
tree for 2.1.0-RELEASE will be the 9th of November, one hour (give or
take a few) before midnight Pacific Standard Time.

This means that people supping the CVS tree will get the usual LARGE
update and CTM'ers will be similarly affected.

If there are any delays in this, I will of course announce it here.

I'm actually ready to tag the tree now, but am being conservative
about it until I've verified that the CDROM installation really works.
Since this requires the burning of an actual CD, I've been holding off
on this until all the other reported problems with sysinstall were
fixed.

I'll also be sending a few CD one-offs to various core team members,
but if you feel that you are uniquely suited to testing the CDROM
installation (e.g. you have lots of different types of CD drives
around or other unique environmental characteristics) then please let
me know!  Do bear in mind that it takes me a good hour or so to burn a
one-off, nor are one-off blanks and priority shipping cheap, so please
do only ask for one if you truly think you have something unique to
bring to the testing process AND are genuinely willing to invest the
time in testing it!  I'd love to have BETA testers for the CD so that
we don't have any expensive mistakes, but it's nonetheless a lot of
extra work for me, hence this disclaimer.

If, given all this, you still think you would be a valuable tester for
a pre-release CD then please send me your shipping address and a
daytime phone number.  I will be shipping all such CDs Federal Express
due to the compressed time schedules we're under here, so please also
don't ask for one if you're not able to test it right away.  Ideally,
I'd like to give everyone a day or so for testing, then send the final
version off for replication.

Thanks!

					Jordan