Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:01:27 +0100
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kde and kde dir (error)

At 17.09 20/01/99 -0600, you wrote:
>From: Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
>>
>> I'd like to install kde in /usr/local/kde instead of /usr/local
>>
>> I have tried to specify KDEDIR = /usr/local/kde and KDEBASE =
>> /usr/local/kde in make.conf , but the port of kde11 always install in
>> /usr/local ...
>>
>> Is possible to install in a different dir ? And if yes how ?
>>
>Yes it is possible, you just need to set the PREFIX variable to the install
>directory you want.
>
>make clean
>make install PREFIX=/usr/local/kde

it doesn't work :-(

I do :
make
make PREFIX=/usr/local/kde install

but look :
[...]
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 ./top.xpm /usr/local/share/toolbar/top.xpm
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 ./up.xpm /usr/local/share/toolbar/up.xpm
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 ./stop.xpm /usr/local/share/toolbar/stop.xpm
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 ./spellcheck.xpm
/usr/local/share/toolbar/spellcheck.xpm
Making install in kdetest
===>   Generating temporary packing list
/usr/bin/env OBJFORMAT=elf /sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/kde/lib
===>   Registering installation for kdelibs-1.1a1

As you can see /usr/local/kde is properly recongnized, but all the files
are installed in /usr/local.
The problem is that in the port contents is written /usr/local/kde and not
/usr/local even if all this files lives in /usr/local tree and so if I try
to pkg_delete it , it fails (I have to make a reinstall on default location
and then a pkg_delete to remove succesfully )

I think the mantainer of this port, kde1x , should probably consider
/usr/local/kde as a good home dir for all kde dirs. Imho it is better to
collect the file in a defined dir that have them live here and there in the
main /usr/local tree...

Comments ?

Thanks to everyone for attention...

Best Regards,