Date:      Wed, 12 Aug 1998 20:11:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        sab@seanet.com
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, markm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Updating p5-* ports for perl-5.005_01

 * asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami) wrote:
 *
 * >  * > Eek.  Maybe you can add a "/bin/rm -rf /usr/libdata/perl5/5.005" in
 * >  * > the install rule when you upgrade to 5.006. :)
 * >  *
 * >  * Can do.
 * >
 * > I wasn't actually serious.  But if you want to do that, then you don't
 * > need the version number.

 * But wouldn't you need something similar if you got rid of the version number
 * directory?  If /usr/src is upgraded to 5.006 and you've got 5.005 installed,

Um, that's basically what I was saying.  If installation of perl
completely removes /usr/libdata/perl5 first, then you don't need
version-specific dirs 'cause they will all be blown away anyways.

Satsohi