Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 07:59:17 -0500
From:      Mike Buchanon <buchanon@mlss15.cl.msu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X 4.0.2 and 4.2-stable...

Hi All,
 I recently installed X 4.0.2.  That was working just fine.  Then
I did a build world from 4.2-stable to a newer version of 4.2-stable.
I then left for the weekend :)  When I came back on monday, I found that
I can no longer use X windows.  Oh, it'll start, but, after the window
manager(latest windowmaker) starts up, it locks and then the machine reboots.
Has anyone else seen this?

 I'm about to build another window manager to see if windowmaker is causing
the problem.  After that, I guess I'll try building world again.  Thanks for
your time.  TTFN,
 /mtb