Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 23:55:00 +0100
From:      Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Pierre Beyssac <beyssac@enst.fr>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i386/boot2.c patches

Le 2002-03-20, John Baldwin écrivait :

> Looks mostly ok to me.  Not entirely sure about the autoboot changes
> as it looks weird to load(kname) right before you change what kname
> is.  I think the logic must somehow be wrong there.

But this is what is currently in the code (as I mentioned in the PR,
36015 is strictly a code clarification, with no functional change).
The load() function in boot2 ends with an exec() of the loaded binary.
It returns only if it has failed. The purpose of replacing kname
after load() has returned is to try to load /boot/kernel if we have
failed to load /boot/loader.

Thomas.

--
    Thomas.Quinot@Cuivre.FR.EU.ORG