Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:18:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.5 release date

JKH> 20th as a reasonable release date.  Committers have basically
JKH> 15 days to tie up any loose ends in the RELENG_3 branch
JKH> and do *reasonable* merge work from 4.x/5.x.  This should
JKH> be done under the same guidelines we've always used:  Doc
JKH> changes, obvious or critical bug fixes, security problems,

I was just investigating the NIS server on 3.4-STABLE, and noticed
that the docs claim that TCP wrappers are not compiled in by default
since they are not shipped with FreeBSD... However, that is no longer
the case.

Can we get this security updgrade included in the next release?  All
that seems to be necessary is to define YP_WRAPPER in the Makefile and
link to the libwrap that is part of the system now.

Thanks.