Date:      Thu, 05 Feb 2004 14:49:29 +0100
From:      Didier WIROTH <didier.wiroth@mcesr.etat.lu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   build packages recursively from ports collection

Hi,

I want to use some of our freebsd servers to build .tgz binaries from the
ports collection. Then, I would like to install the packages with pkg_add on
different workstations.

My main problem is how to build packages on servers without installing them!

All i could find or was told, is:
1) make fetch-recursive
2) postinstall -rRp kde
3) portupgrade -frRp kde

All of theses samples "installs" the ports software!

For example kde:
How do you recursively build .tgz packages of the kde sources and their
dependencies "WITHOUT" actually installing them on the servers?

Thx