Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 23:05:19 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: laptop install disk

In message <199904160458.NAA16695@afs.ntc.mita.keio.ac.jp> HOSOKAWA
Tatsumi writes:
: PAO3 sysinstall patch is relatively smaller and uses only one feature
: of PAO (-z option of pccardd).  So I think it's very easy to port (and
: merge) it to -current. I'll provide sysinstall laptop support patch
: against -current.

I have the PAO3 stuff on my disk as of yesterday.  I'll have to take a
look at the -z option to pccardd.

: I'll put the PAO3 boot.flp sources at
: ftp://daemon.jp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-jp/PAO/flp/3.1-RELEASE today.

I'll have to download those as well, since they don't appear (at first
glance anyway) to be in the PAO3 stuff I have.  I don't want to slow
down the download I already have going, since it is only 10 minutes
away from being done.

I think this would be a good thing to integrate into -current and 3.x
-stable's sysinstall.  I guess I better ask Jordan what he thinks,
since he's basically keeper of sysinstall these days.  I know there is
a new install on the horizon, but if we get these changes into the
current sysinstall, then it would be easier to get the functionality
in the new install ;-)

Warner