Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2001 10:34:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nathan <spivey@hub.cydonia.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dual homed laptop

I've setup a p233 laptop with two nics:
3com 3c589  - ep0
compaq neteligent - xe0

unfortunately, only ONE interface will work at a time. doesnt matter If i
boot with none, either one, or both inserted, i will only get traffic on
ONE interface, both EITHER will work independantly just fine, either on
the inside network or the outside.

i'm replacing an existing ppro pc thats doing my routing/nat for me just
fine now, and have basically mirrored the kernel and configs for natd,
pccardd, etc

however, the laptop will only give me one working interface at a time.

if both are in, one interface will work (which ever was loaded first) and
i can see the network fine. but the other one won't send/recv any traffic,
just acts like its dead. even tho, if its the outside interface, it still
gets its DHCP fed to it, it just won't work...

i'm wondering if its a laptop thing (pcmcia) since my pc router with fbsd
is working fine