Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:44:55 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape multitasking less smoothly?

O.K. I installed Galeon and it has a very nice user interface. Best I
have ever used. But it has some big problems:

1. Won't open https URLs. No error. Just returns a "Done" message.

2. Breaks badly on errors. It does not seem to know where the manuals
are. I click the "Galeon manual" and it looks for the manual in my
directory tree. (I'm sure there is an easy fix to this.) But it then
brings up a new Galeon window (empty) and an error window with an
appropriate "page cannot be found" message. If I click "OK" in the
error window, I get another Galeon window (empty) and another error
window. The only way out seems to be to kill Galeon.

Is these due to some weird bug with my system or is this "normal". I
saw this behavior with the last "beta" release as well as with 1.0.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)