Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 13:37:51 -0800 (AKDT)
From:      Steve Howe <un_x@anchorage.net>
To:        Joshua Fielden <shag@concentric.net>
Cc:        watson@anchorage.net, freebsd-questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: telnetting to RedHat4

On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, Joshua Fielden wrote:

> Steve Howe wrote:
> >
> > i can get a telnet login prompt to my ISPs server (RedHat4.0)
> > with an Xterm, but not from a ttyv? ...
> >
> > how does this make sense?

> 	What worked for me in the same situation, <from my BSD Box local, OR
> telnetting to a friend's BSD box then telnetting to RedHat, *brand-new*
> install> was to set my term type to <kinda arbitrary> vt100. i.e: NOT
> cons25. If this does work, please post the finale, as I am interested to
> see.

damn!  that worked! :)  hehe!  i don't get it!
it kind of sucks to have to do that every time
i want to telnet though!

i thought it would also solve my iijPPP "what?" problem
(not adding the default route), but it didn't.  kernel
PPP always works after a few attempts ...
 FingerPrint BA09868C 1B995204 58410FD3 A5E7B2DA
 http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/way/7747