Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 21:00:27 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, Christoph Sold <christoph.sold@pk.she.de>
Subject:   Re: kern/10285: 2.2.8-S => 3.1-S make aout-to-elf-build fails

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 01:24:25 +0900, "Daniel C. Sobral" wrote:
>
> > It is possible to move from 2.2.x to 3.1-S, through the use of the
> > "upgrade" target instead of the "world" target.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I don't suppose that "Error code 2" that the originator got out of the
> blue could have been related to disk space?

Sorry, I don't recall the PR. Yeah, I could check it on the web, I
know... :) But Mike and Jordan are better contacts on this. Try
Jordan, since someone has been adding an extra dose of caffeine on
his coffee lately, making him very responsive. That, or he has been
smoking something. Or maybe a hardware upgrade... :-)

<sound of fist smashing into one's head as one remembers he keeps
all PRs on a mail folder>

Ok, this falls straight in the "I don't have a clue" class of
upgrade problems. :-) As far as *I* know, at least. What he has for
a /tmp, /usr/src, /usr/obj, disk space, as you mention (aout-to-elf
uses double the disk space a normal world uses), and is he doing
something outside of specs with his hardware would be my questions,
since it seems obvious he has a -O, no more, no less, in his
make.conf.

Alas, my comment about the upgrade target would not help him, since
it does a aout-to-elf anyway.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"My theory is that his ignorance clouded his poor judgment."