Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:06:02 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
Cc:        Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.ORG>, John <papalia@udel.edu>, nik@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error 1's in "building the web pages from scratch"

Paul Herman wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Ben Smithurst wrote:
>
> > John wrote:
> >
> > > make: don't know how to make article.html.gz. Stop
> >
> > I see the same error building documentation, not as part of the www
> > build.  Hmm.  Time to ask Nik, I think.
>
> I saw the same thing.  I got past it with:
>
>    make INSTALL_COMPRESSED=""
>
> which got most of it.  It died on me much later on, but I think cause
> I was missing some other modules...

The /usr/doc make is dying later on and I haven't seen any commit's to
the section that is broken. When it tries to build the
fdp-primer/examples/appendix.sgml, there is a text string that starts
"<co id=...". Every occurrence of that string seems to produce an
error message about "CO" and eventual aborts the make. I don't speak
sgml and I haven't found what the problem is.

The error 1's don't matter. It ignores them. I get one of those on
every tidy call.

Kent

> -Paul.

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com

Bomber dropping fire retardant in front of Hanford Wild fire.
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/bomber.jpg