Date:      Wed, 05 Aug 1998 23:53:42 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh), hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anybody have...

> > I'm looking for the Datasheet to a Intel 82593.  This part was in the
> > Networking book in 1992, but not in the 1996 version I have access
> > to.  It is not on their web site and when I called intel they told me
> > that it was too old for them to be able to sell me/send me the
> > datasheet on.  Can some kind soul help me in my quest?  I'm not
> > adverse to paying shipping, reproduction costs, etc for this
> > document.
>
> I believe this is the AT&T card Garrett originall wrote the driver for.

You're probably thinking of the 82586.  The 82593 is an old low-power
device, used in eg. the Wavelan PCCARD adapters and some IBM notebooks.
(I don't think that Garrett wrote the PCCARD Wavelan
driver.)

It seems laughable to me that Intel wouldn't be able to offer a
datasheet on such a part, when you can still get datasheets on the 8255.

It's not clear whether the datasheet for the 82595 would shed any light
on what you're currently trying to work out, but it's worth a stab.