Date:      Tue, 02 Mar 1999 19:54:25 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
Cc:        dkelly@hiwaay.net (David Kelly), scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ncr timeout w/ RELENG_3

Mike Tancsa writes:
> >My Asus SC875 has Symbios's 4.0.11 BIOS, but there is a 4.3 (?)
> >available for the download. *Had* to apply that upgrade to cards at work
> >to get them to work in another Asus motherboard.
>
> Interesting. I had the same problem with the card not working with a BX
> chipset board.  Where can I download the 875BIOS from ?

I started at http://www.asus.com/. Think the German mirror had the
latest SC875 images a month or more before the other sites. It might be
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/Drivers/ncr40-1.zip and
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/Drivers/ncr40-2.zip but those might
still be the old versions. When I downloaded there was a choice of
mirror sites and some had different stuff than others. Am downloading
the above again to see if any of the files inside the zip look familiar.

Unzip shows this in ncr40-1.zip, am sure its too old to be the newest:

    32768  09-23-96 16:02   BIOS/8XX40302.ROM

Think the same BIOS is available on the Symbios web site too.

http://www.lsilogic.com/products/download.htm

Ah ha! Found it under the above:

Boot ROM
Filename: bios41x.zip  (106Kb zip file)
	bios41x.exe (127Kb self-extracting file for Windows '95/98 or NT)
Version: PCI  4.13.00 - 11/06/98
Also contains a flash utility to update Symbios host adapters.

They ask you to click thru a license agreement, else I'd post the URL's
directly.