Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:26:23 -0500
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
Cc:        "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>, Remy Nonnenmacher <remy@boostworks.com>, jgowdy@home.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: x86-64 Hammer and IA64 Itainium

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 07:23:52PM -0500, Andrew Hesford scribbled:
| On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 06:08:36PM -0500, Michael C . Wu wrote:
| The future isn't FPGAs; it's GaAs BJT circuitry, designed and built by
| the guys who have money to set up a fab and roll out millions of chips.
| It will be a long, long time before anything changes about how we get
| our chips; the only thing that will change is how they are made.

I have been hearing about GaAs since the beginning of my college
career.  One chemistry professor put it rather well, "Gallium
Arsenide based semiconductors are considered the future of
semiconductors, and always will be the future of semiconductors."

| > Please make Altera/Xilinx make their FPGA programming software
| > freely available.

| Ugh. I think we need a better solution than the Xilinx software. It's
| absolutely horrible. They should stick to electronics and leave the
| software design to those who know what they're doing.

Hahahaha....:)