Date:      Mon, 04 Dec 2000 18:09:15 -0500
From:      Brian McGovern <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   AMD help request...

I'm trying to set up AMD at the office to auto mount some file systems, most
notably my home directory...

The information is passed via the NIS map auto_home. The format is:

server:/path_to_disk/userid

So, for example, if my username was Bob, and my home directory was on frob, it
may look like (when I ypcat auto_home...):

frob:/users/Bob

My problem is that I guess I just don't get the way to talk AMD in to a.)
using this information, and b.) then mapping it in to something useful. I've
read the reference manual available on cornell.edu, but they seem to be a
little bit thin on various examples.

If anyone could shoot a sample file and/or walk me through it, I'd greatly
appreciate it. I'd normally play with it, but I'm banging my head trying to
recover from getting back in the office after two weeks off. Thanks...

	-Brian