Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:59:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John <papalia@UDel.Edu>
To:        Sven Huster <Sven.Huster@t-online.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: server break down

> hi there,
>
> i have a webserver running apache with php, which regularly breaks down
> +completely.
>
> there are no special messages in /var/log/messages (sometime apache dies with
> +signal 11) and also no messages on the console (dont know exact, but couldnt be
> +seen, cause the monitor stays black after break down).
>
> how can i track down this problem?
>
> i run freebsd 4.0

Within your /usr/local/etc/apache.conf there should be lines indicating
where your log files are kept.  In my case, I have:

# ErrorLog: The location of the error log file.
ErrorLog /www/logs/apache_error_log

If you have virtual hosts, there are most definitions in there too.  Check
on your apache.conf file for this definition and then go take a look at
the file it points you to - you might find more info there.

Hope that helps,
John