Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:59:04 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Bryan Cassidy <bryanc2000@insightbb.com>
Subject:   Re: Groups and Mutt

# dnelson@allantgroup.com / 2002-09-28 22:24:21 -0500:
> In the last episode (Sep 28), Bryan Cassidy said:
> > I have been playing around with some other options in mutt and I was
> > just wondering this. When you first open mutt you see all your
> > e-mails right? Well, I want to know instead of seeing "ALL" of your
> > e-mails on one screen can I have like one group for say the
> > freebsd-questions mailing list and everything for the mailing list is
> > sent to that group and so on. I hope I was clear enough with my
> > question. I am new to alot of things so if you don't mind I would
> > like a clear answer that explains a little in detail so I understand
> > what I am doing.
>
> What you want is procmail, which will filter your emails into different
> mail files.  Then you can tell mutt about them with the "mailboxes"
> keyword.  A sample procmailrc:
>
> MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
>
> :0:
> bsdq
>
> :0:
> bsds

    if you don't like software whose config files look like they're
    uuencoded, :) you can use maildrop:

    if (/^List-ID: <freebsd-questions.FreeBSD.ORG>/)
    {
        to $MAILDIR/bsdq
    }

    if (/^List-ID: <freebsd-stable.FreeBSD.ORG>/)
    {
        to $MAILDIR/bsds
    }

> And in your .muttrc:
>
> mailboxes ! =bsdq =bsds

    or, if you want mutt to automatically pick up new mailboxes, a
    variation of:

    mailboxes `find ~/Mail/ -type f -or -type l | perl -ne 'chomp; print "$_ " unless m/^.*(postponed|sent|spam|trash)$/'`

--
begin 666 nonexistent.vbs
FreeBSD 4.7-RC