Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 1997 18:03:35 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Chris Madison <cmadison@tippy2.vnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9 track tapes?????

In the last episode (Feb 16), Chris Madison said:

> Hello all!
>
> Has anyone successfully used a 9 track tape with a FreeBSD box?
> If so, I would LOVE to hear what HW was involved and how:-)
>
> TIA,
> Chris Madison

9-track tape drives work just fine, as long as you have SCSI ones.  Old
tape drives with the Pertec interface (might look like 2 ribbon-cable
plugs next to each other) won't work, since there's no BSD driver for
the interface cards.

Just treat them like regular tape drives, just a lot slower, bigger,
louder, and with a lot less capacity :)

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com