Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:10:12 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Acer Aspire 5672 laptop and FreeBSD - status update

Hi,

Just a quick status update on the Acer Aspire 5672 laptop and FreeBSD.
Recently, I found out about a new work-in-progress wpi driver (a
driver for the Intel 3945abg wireles) at
http://people.freebsd.org/~flz/local/wpi/
Naturally, I had to test it. I found out that it works well on my
machine, with the same caveat as the wired (bge) driver: it only works
when acpi is disabled. Apparently, this has something to do with the
BIOs ACPI / ASL code in this laptop, which is not up to standards (both
NetBSD and OpenBSD is able to use the network cards on this laptop, but
that's just another datapoint).

More info, as well as normal and verbose dmesg's, both with aci enabled
and with acpui disabled are on the web page
http://tingox.googlepages.com/aceraspireas5672andfreebsd

under the 2006-1121 entry.
Now all i need to do is to make the drivers work on this laptop with
acpi enabled. I'm already using the newest BIOS uypdate from Acer.

If anybody have suggestions, patches or other things I can try, I'm game
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,