Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 19:02:58 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Tony Kimball <alk@Think.COM>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: running out of swap

>Striding through a very large mmap, I discovered that
>FreeBSD will lock up when it runs out of swap.
>It would be nicer to terminate the offending process.

   A run-out-of-swapspace test is one of the regression tests that we
regularly do. It's not _supposed_ to hang the machine (see code in vm_fault.c
and vm_pageout.c that finds kills off the process). If you have a test case
that does cause a hang, then please send me or John the code.

-DG

David Greenman