Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:10:18 +0100
From:      Howard Jones <howie@thingy.com>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   bootable PCI flash slot?

Hi,

I've just finished preparing a FreeBSD-based flash-booting
router/firewall, which is currently using a DiskOnModule to boot from.
If possible, I'd like the flash to be externally accessible to make
upgrading or moving the flash a little simpler. Does anyone know of a
PCI-slot flash carrier that can present itself as a bootable IDE drive
with an external slot? I've found some PCI-PCMCIA cards, but they all
talk about Windows compatibility, and appear to be aimed at digital
camera users more than anything...

Best Regards,

Howard