Date:      Sat, 10 Jul 1999 07:53:05 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        davec@unforgettable.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.1 and setup

At 09/07/99, you wrote:
>I know this has been asked many a times and have gotten plenty of replies,
>but unfortunately my attempt has been dismal even after combing through
>dejanews and FreeBSD's mailing list archives.
>
>I downloaded StarOffice 5.1 (not 5.01) just recently, hoping to upgrade to
>it from my 5.01 which worked perfectly as per lt.tar.com's instructions.  I
>followed the same proceedure for 5.1, and took some hints from the
>StarOffice howto www.freebsdrocks.com for net install.  But when I run
>/usr/local/StarOffice/bin/soffice after the successful install, or any other
>binary from the StarOffice/bin dir, it would always shunt me into the setup
>script (where I would always get a pick of repair or deinstall).  That was
>installing as root.  I even tried installing as a regular user into the
>user's home dir.  Absolutely the same result.
>
>And yes, I did read through the mailing list archive to grasp the idea that
>I need to check my .sversionrc file to make sure it exists, and contains the
>correct path.  And it does exist, and it does contain the correct path.  For
>those who were able to run 5.1 successfully, could you please share your
>experiences and los if it exists?  I've really at an impasse trying to get
>this to actually run.  It's installed, it just won't get it through it's
>head that I don't want the setup script when I run bin/soffice.

The setup seems unable to complete the install procedure and it miss to
create a file in the home dir of the user ...

create a file named : .sversionrc

with two lines inside:

[Versions]
StarOffice 5.1=/usr/local/Office51

It should solve your problems...

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco
http://www2.masternet.it