Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 15:07:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matthew Jason White <mwhite+@CMU.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Configuring Sound Card

I know I've seen this discussion on this newsgroup before, but here goes
again (is this newsgroup archived somewhere?).  I'm having trouble
configuring my sound card to work with FreeBSD.

In my kernel configuration, I have (stolen from LINT):

# Sound Controller and Sound Blaster Driver
controller      snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr

However, when I try to start the au server, I get:

Fatal server error:
could not create audio connection block info

Cating to /dev/audio (which is a symlink to /dev/pcaudio), gets me:

/dev/pcaudio: Device not configured.

Grr...what have I forgotten to do?  I've checked the FAQ and handbook,
to no avail.

-Matt