Date:      Wed, 03 Oct 2001 16:43:39 +0100
From:      Nick Barnes <Nick.Barnes@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   sshd: requiring password _and_ RSA authentication

One of our servers used to run FreeBSD 2.2.8 with SSH 2 built from
/usr/ports/security/ssh2.  I'm not sure exactly which version of SSH
this was.  We had sshd configured to require both a password and RSA
(or maybe DSA) authentication.

I've upgraded the machine to FreeBSD 4.4-RELENG.  The sshd which comes
with this is "OpenSSH_2.3.0 FreeBSD localisations 20010713".  The
config file was quite different; presumably the previous version was
not OpenSSH.  I can't figure out how to configure this to require both
a password and a shared secret.  Is it possible?

(RSA authentication only is fine if your laptops never get stolen or
 left unattended...).

Nick B