Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:54:16 -0500
From:      Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   lockups

Well, this has me stumped.

At random time intervals (anywhere from right away to hours) my freebsd box
decides to lock up.  Nothing unusual is spit out on the console, and the logs
show nothing unusual (once in a while a few poorly written user programs have
a sig11).  The console is totally locked up (no, scroll lock isn't on..) along
with the rest of the box (not accessible via the internet).

% uname -a
FreeBSD binary.databits.net 4.0-STABLE FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE #0: Wed Jun 21 18:09:32 EDT 2000     root@binary.databits.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/BINARY  i386
%

At the date of my kernel build I also made world.

This is a _really_ bad thing, and this server has to run 4.0-S because I have an
ATA/66 drive which I would like to use.

Does anyone have any suggestions to debug or fix this problem?

Thanks!

-Pete

[ please cc: me, I am not yet on -stable ]

--
Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
Databits Network Services, Inc