Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 22:44:12 -0400
From:      Shawn Walker <shawn@eblend.org>
To:        f-q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Error after ports upgrade on 4.1 Release

Hi,

    I am currently running FreeBSD 4.1 Release (FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE #0: Fri
Jul 28 14:30:31 GMT 2000).

    This evening I upgraded the ports collection on my box via cvsup.  This
went off without a hitch, but now when I attempt to install a port I get the
following error message:

Your system is too old to use this bsd.port.mk. You need a fresh make world
or an upgrade kit. Please go to http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/ or a mirror
site and follow the instructions.

    I installed the 4.1 to 4-STABLE upgrade kit using pkg_add, but I
continue to get the same error message when I attempt to install a port.
Also, I now get a lib error when I run any of the pkg_* apps:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libfetch.so.3" not found

    I am not sure where to go from here.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
--
Shawn Walker
shawn@eblend.org <-----> http://www.eblend.org/

"In rural areas, we're not going to have full coverage until cows talk."
    -- Dan Dan Wilinsky, Sprint PCS