Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:37:27 +0200
From:      Vasil Dimov <vd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Soeren Straarup <xride@x12.dk>
Subject:   Re: Where to start?

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 02:48:14 -0600, Mike Silbersack wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Soeren Straarup wrote:
[...]
> >I'm looking for a project.
[...]
> I'd like to see the ability to run gjournal without reformatting.  If you=
=20
> could create a dummy file inside the filesystem, then use that area for=
=20
> the journal, it might be possible.  I'm sure that would let a lot more=20
> people see if journalling is right for them.

I am not sure about gjournal internals but what if a system crash occurs
in the middle of a transaction and the fs gets corrupted and the data,
necessary to fix it is in the journal, but you cannot access the journal
because the file, which contains the journal, is on a corrupted fs?

You should better ask at the geom mailing list.

--=20
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF@dv
%