Date:      Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:20:13 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "alex-bsd" <alex-bsd@yandex.ru>
To:        Lewis@Alumni.Duke.edu
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PF & BLOCK MP3 (AVI)

I not absolutely understand, how we can play with Daniel.
In the work I do not use Linux.
Many my friends use Linux as gateway.
Presence this function in IPTABLES is very convenient for them.
This function IPTABLES is used by them enough for a long time, any problems connected with use of this opportunity at them was not observed.

The filtration mp3 files is used for economy of the traffic.
Many managers and secretaries use Internet only for downloading mp3 and avi :)
Check of a content is done by them only on the internal interface (check inquiry of the client)

Whether will be dangerous DoS attacks if check of a content will be used ONLY on the local interface?
I doubt that the secretary will start to attack gateway:)

Instead of a bet, I wish to suggest to developers create a paid patch for realization of this opportunity.
It is ready to pay for it 50 $, IMHO I think not only I would buy a patch (In the sum it should turn out more than 500 $).

P.S. I hope my offer will not offend developers.