Date:      Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:37:27 +0000
From:      "mikecasa@katamail.com" <mikecasa@katamail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FREEBSD.org
Subject:   Dlink dwlg520 netgear WG311

Hi,

I have a little problem!

I have to configure my dlink dwl g520 and netgear WG311 card for Freebsd in ad hoc mode, but it doesn't.

I have installed Freebsd 5.2 on two machines.
On the first i have typed :

ifconfig ath0 inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 0xffffff0 ssid my_net mode 11b mediaopt adhoc.

On the second i have typed :

ifconfig ath0 inet 192.168.1.2  netmask 0xffffff0 ssid my_net mode 11b mediaopt adhoc.

When the machine  try to ping each other, I see arp request message and arp reply message, but machines don't ping each other.

Can you help me?

Mikele.