Date:      Sun, 21 May 2000 15:36:11 +0200
From:      Olivier Saut <Olivier.Saut@crans.ens-cachan.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Port : imlib

I am trying to build sawmill and gnomelibs on my laptop under 4-Stable.
(There is no binary packages for these ports.)

When I type make in /usr/ports/x11/gnomelibs I get :

[...]
checking for imlib-config... /usr/X11R6/bin/imlib-config
checking for IMLIB - version >= 1.9... no
*** Could not run IMLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding IMLIB or finding the wrong
*** version of IMLIB. If it is not finding IMLIB, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
checking for imlib-config... (cached) /usr/X11R6/bin/imlib-config
checking for IMLIB - version >= 1.8... no
*** Could not run IMLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding IMLIB or finding the wrong
*** version of IMLIB. If it is not finding IMLIB, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
configure: error: *** IMLIB 1.8 not installed - please install first ***
===>  Script "configure" failed: here are the contents of "config.log"
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
[...]

I have imlib-1.9.8 installed in /usr/local/lib  and :
mychkine# echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/local/lib

/usr/X11R6/bin/imlib-config --version gives 1.9.8.

I have not seen any error about imlib on bento.freebsd.org, so I guess
it must be an error of my own -so I send this to -questions and not
-ports-.

Thanks a lot for your help,

PS could you cc me on your answer, I am not subscribed to this list.

- Olivier

Olivier.Saut@dptMaths.ENS-Cachan.Fr | ID 0x7673A2CE