Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:54:48 +0100
From:      ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   thunderbird3: dies with socket(): Protocol not supported Illegal  instruction (core dumped)

Since friday after the last FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE/amd64 update, thunderbird3
crashes immmediately or after a view seconds with

socket(): Protocol not supported
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

I rebuilt thunderbird3 with 'portmaster -dfrv' to ensure every needed
library is up to date but this doesn't help much.

I also removed my ~/.thunderbird local folder and started with a fresh new
configuration, without success, it simply delays the crash.

Please email to my address listed, as I'm not subscriber of freebsd-ports..

Thanks in advance,
Oliver