Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 19:26:04 -0500
From:      Omar Thameen <omar@clifford.inch.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CD-R / CD burners

I've seen 2 separate threads this month regarding CD-Rs, and was
hoping that one would result in a recommendation for a SCSI CD-R
that works with FreeBSD and hasn't been discontinued.  Unfortunately,
the discussions got sidetracked, so I know I'm not the only one
who's still looking for a CD-R to buy.

On the freebsd website, the best info I've seen is Jordan's
Picks, http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook109.html
where he lists that these are supported:

Phillips CDD 522 (Acts like a Plasmon)
PLASMON RF4100
HP 4020i

Our vendor is finding that these are discontinued, so I'm wondering
if anyone has any other SCSI CD-Rs working.  For example, does an
HP 6020 work?

Thanks,
Omar