Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 95 18:28:34 EAT
From:      Yen-Wei Liu <ywliu@lin.wsl.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Terminal emulation weirdness ...

Now I am telnetting from a FreeBSD 2.05R box to an HP-UX 9.01 workstation.
On the FreeBSD side, I set up the terminal to cons25 or vt100, on
the HP-UX 9.01 I always set up to vt100. When I use programs, such as vi,
elm, etc., I always find there are some garbage characters on the screen
, such as "1l", "1h", etc., and in emacs the enter key doesn't look like
working - I have to press ctrl-l from time to time to refresh the screen.

As for me , this has been existed from 2.0R. Is this my problem or a
FreeBSD bug ? How can I work around this ?

--
Yen-Wei Liu
Internet e-mail address:ywliu@beta.wsl.sinica.edu.tw