Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 1996 12:59:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Szabolcs Szigeti (PinkPanther)" <pink@fsz.bme.hu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to become a mirror?

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Szabolcs Szigeti (PinkPanther) wrote:

> I'd like to get some info on mirroring FreeBSD. We'd like to
> make a complete or nearly complete mirror, here, in Hungary.

Neat!

> My question is: how much disk space would we need? (The
> whole thing depends on this, unfortunately).

I think the majority of it lies on a 2GB disk.  You would have to ask.

> What would you recommend about partitioning the mirrored stuff?
> Like mirrorin only the latest releases and so on.
> Because i  don't think that we are able to mirror
> all of ftp.freebsd.org.

You only need everything under ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD.  If you were
really hurting you could exclude the old SNAPs, but the most current
RELEASE and SNAPS/ALPHA/BETAs need to be there.

Consult the following pages for contact information (esp. the
'admin@freebsd.org' mailto):

http://www.freebsd.org/mirror.html
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook245.html