Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:27:52 +0100
From:      jan.muenther@nruns.com
To:        Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Scripts

Firstly, the abuse of 'cat' as I suggested is quite wonky, indeed.
I still sometimes do it like that though, for no reason other than typing
quicker than I think at times.

> Sounds like you don't have . in your path or haven't rehashed
> since  you created the file  'script.pl'.

I just wanted to say quickly that I'd recommend *not* ever taking '.' into
your path - when someone wants you to execute something and places it into a
directory where both have write rights and names it like the binary you're
supposed to call, it's going to get executed first.