Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 1998 06:15:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Marty Cawthon <mrc@ChipChat.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Email (MUA) for Japanese

Hello BSDaemons,

  I am setting up FreeBSD on our company machines in Japan.
Need some help:
      Which 'Mail User Agent' is recommended to read Japanese?

Installation:
  FreeBSD-3.0 CURRENT (as of 11-23)
  X11R6
  kon
  kterm
  k2input / Canna
  ... many others ...
  Can display Japanese on console and also on X (kterm)

Ports:
  cvsup as of 11-27

  PINE
  /usr/ports/japanese/pine reports "Broken under ELF"

  NMAIL
  Installed 'nmail' from http://nmail.hiug.ne.jp
    Reports: "cannot find libjpeg.so.7.0"
    I installed 'jpeg' port, it includes 'libjpeg.so.9'

  ??? - What do others run under FreeBSD 3.0 ?

Marty Cawthon
ChipChat
(currently at Nihon-ChipChat in Koga-shi, Fukuoka-ken)
arigatou gozaimasu