Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 10:54:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@revelstone.jvm.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using fbsd as a 10 to 100Mbps bridge

I'm trying to find an inexpensive way to connect a 10Mbps device to our new
100Mbps hub.  I had thought of using some spare parts to build a
freebsd-based bridge that would have two NICs, one 10 and one 100 and
have it forward all packets between the two interfaces.  Is this possible
and how difficult will it be?  How powerful of a cpu would be needed (not
much, I'd think)?

My other option is to buy a dedicated bridge device, but that seems to be
pretty expensive and less flexible than the fbsd bridge idea.  Anyone
know of such a device in the $250 range?