Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 1996 16:56:21 +1100 (EST)
From:      Anthony Hill <ahill@interconnect.com.au>
To:        "Adam.Strohl." <thomas.strohl@valley.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernels

On Wed, 7 Feb 1996, Adam.Strohl. wrote:

> I'm having trouble compliling the LINT kernel. I was wondering, are

In the top 10 lines of the my LINT config file is the message :-

#
# NB: You probably don't want to try running a kernel built from this
# file.  Instead, you should start from GENERIC, and add options from
# this file as required.
#

> there pre-compiled kernels out there on the net ? Where ? Thankyou.

Which answers your other question - GENERIC is a precompiled kernel, the
binary is in the root directory, and the config file is where you found
LINT - try building a new kernel using GENERIC as a base.

Anthony