Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 1996 09:46:34 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de (Martin Cracauer)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu, bmk@fta.com, markd@grizzly.com, cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Alt/Meta-Key problems/ pty problem?

> I think we've wandered off topic - the original post dealt with the
> META key not being enabled by default under syscons, and I think we
> should stick with that issue until it's resolved before going on to
> X. :-)

To be precise, my original problem was rlogin and telnet, not
syscons. There is no problem with the meta key when emacs on FreeBSD
is run in its own X Window, instead in curses mode.

Anyway, `(set-input-mode t nil t)` works for me for remote login.

For syscons, this emacs setting *in combination* with the keymap file
posted before works for me, too. This is sysconcs on 2.2-0801-Snap,
standard PS/2 keyboard. When you are going to make this the default,
remember that more than one language's keymap needs to be modified.

Thanks for you help, I just wonder why I didn't ask before. Disabling
"Meta" is as loosing one hand for me :-)

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de>