Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 22:33:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark D Smith <msmith@revolution.3-cities.com>
To:        ken@plutotech.com (Kenneth D. Merry)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NEC SCSI CD problems

> The problem is that your NEC drive doesn't work with the standard 12 byte
> SCSI-2 audio play command.  I think the problem is that it has a vendor
> unique play command.

OUUUUCH!  Well, it only cost me $35, so no big deal. <G>

> Don't worry, you're not alone here:

Misery loves company. <GD&R>

> To solve your problem, I would recommend installing xmcd.

Thanks!  I'll do that and play with it.

> Long term, I probably need to put a quirk facility in the cd driver to
> handle drives that use vendor-unique commands.

It would be apreciated!

Many thanks!

Mark
For sale:

1978 VW Van, Champaign Edition, 13,000 miles on new engine
	  with fuel injection. $2500

To see pictures and contact information go to
http://www.3-cities.com/~msmith/vw.html

UNIX IS user friendly, it's just very choosy about who it calls a friend!