Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 1999 11:01:16 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe <joe@lab.cba.ualr.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mail not accepted by freebsd.org

Hello,
	I having trouble sending email freebsd.org from my sendmail
server. I get the following from my /var/log/maillog file:

Jul 18 09:54:19 team7 sendmail[1613]: JAA01543:
to=<majordomo@freebsd.org>, ctladdr=<joe@team7.cba.ualr.edu> (1000/1000),
delay=00:35:42, xdelay=00:00:40, mailer=esmtp, relay=hub.freebsd.org.
[204.216.27.18], stat=Deferred: 450 <team7.cba>: Host not found

After checking the mailing list archives the only thing I could was
something about reverse lookups, so I did the following:

team7# nslookup team7.cba freebsd.org
Server:  hub.FreeBSD.ORG
Address:  204.216.27.18

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    team7.cba.ualr.edu
Address:  144.167.120.24

It appears that my host is being seen by freebsd.org but it refuses my
emails from there. At first I thought that there was something wrong with
mail server since I'm running current but freebsd.org is the only place
refusing my emails. Anybody else having the same problem?

-Joe