Date:      Tue, 02 Sep 2008 09:46:50 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Deepak Vashistha" <d.vashistha@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Power management in freebsd

--==_Exmh_1220374010_11268P

> Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 11:38:59 +0530
> From: "Deepak Vashistha" <d.vashistha@gmail.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
>
> Dear sir,
> I am using freebsd 7.0 and i want to enable powermanagement but for this
> configuration what setting i have to do please help me i have intel server
> board for PIII processor and bios is acpi/apm enabled.

PIII has very limited power management and the ACPI implementations are
often incomplete or simply broken. I would suggest using APM and not
ACPI. (Note that APM and ACPI are mutually exclusive. You can't really
run both at the same time although the APM emulation in FreeBSD makes it
look a lot like both are running.)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)