Date:      Tue, 30 May 2017 08:10:40 -0300
From:      Eduardo Lemos de Sa <eduardo.lemosdesa@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to boot from a zfs external disk

Dear

I installed FreeBSD-10.3-RELEASE in a internal hard disk (named, that time,
as ada0) in a zpool called zeeroot. Now, I move this hard disk to a case
(so, it is a external drive now) and it is recognized as da0. When I tried
to boot it, the process start normally but stopped at the moment to mount
partitions. Later, I used to solve problems like this (in UFS/UFS2 file
systems) booting in a live system (memory stick or CD) and editing
/etc/fstab, renaming devices. But now, there is only in my /etc/fstab:

# Device        Mountpoint    FStype    Options        Dump    Pass#
#/dev/ada0p2        none    swap    sw        0    0
md99                    none    swap    sw,file=3D/usr/swap0,late 0       0

I read https://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFSQuickStartGuide and
https://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/ZFS, further FreeBSD Handbook.

In the two first, there is no mention about problems in boot stage using
zfs.

Further, I tried to find files under /etc/ called zfs.conf or zpool.conf or
other mentions to ada0 (grep -r -i ada0 *): nothing.

Thus, I do not how can solve this mount booting problem. Please, could you
give some hint about?

Thank you in advance

Yours

Eduardo

--=20
Eduardo Lemos de Sa
Professor Titular
Dep. Quimica da Universidade Federal do Paran=C3=A1
fone: +55(41)3361-3300
fax:   +55(41)3361-3186