Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2014 05:35:22 -0500
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update - 10.0 to 10.1

--Sig_/18n88pICCUYpxP4nnU_7QR2

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 10:03:56 +0200, Mark Tinka stated:

>Hi all.
>
>So some feedback on this.
>
>I went ahead and ignored the message to rebuild all Ports.=20
>No issues with that re: basic stability of the platform.
>
>However, there seems to be an issue with IPfw. After the=20
>second "freebsd-update install" run, a reboot is=20
>unsuccessful due to some issue with IPfw. The box just hangs=20
>and does not reboot.
>
>A hard reboot is required to restart the box, and after that=20
>all is well.
>
>I've tested this without turning off IPfw, and with turning=20
>off IPfw prior to the upgrade, and the issue is the same.=20
>Very strange.
>
>So this means that without some kind of iLO access to the=20
>server, a reboot requires remote hands for remote sites.
>
>Not happy with this 10.1 upgrade :-(.
>
>Mark.

I had the exact same problem yesterday. I waited a full 30 minutes before
doing a manual shutdown. I thought I was the only one with that issue or el=
se
I would have filed a PR against it. I am assuming that you have filed one
Mark.

--=20
Jerry