Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 2002 12:21:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Kozubik <john@www.kozubik.com>
To:        Rus Foster <rghf@fsck.me.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proper way to upgrade packaes from ports

Rus,

Please take a look at /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade, as it is the
appropriate tool for these sort of upgrades.

Circumstantial evidence over the years has led me to believe that most
ports will actually successfully and without issue overwrite their
previous iterations that were also installed via the ports tree (lynx,
wget, things like that).

-----
John Kozubik - john@kozubik.com - http://www.kozubik.com