Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 2003 20:39:15 -0500
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        nobutaka@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   xine: xiTK Warnings and imlib errors

I'm thinking that this is a local issue, but I do know of at least on other
person with this problem.  Xine worked fine until around the end of January.

Xine builds fine but when I run it and try to access the MRL browser, I get
a lot these errors in the xterm:

xiTK WARNING(_x_error_handler:220): X error received: 'BadShmSeg (invalid
shared segment parameter)'
xiTK WARNING(_x_error_handler:220): X error received: 'BadAccess (attempt
to access private resource denied)'

with a few of these:
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't attach SHM Segment for Shared Pixmap mask Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages
Imlib ERROR: SHM can't attach SHM Segment for Shared XImage mask
             Falling back on XImages

It results in the display for the MRL browser being mangled.  Even so, it
does seem to function.  I can also play .avi movies with no issues.

FreeBSD k6-2.weeble.com 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #0: Tue Jan 28
11:47:04 EST 2003  rpratt@k6-2.weeble.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CUSTOM  i386

I do have the options SYSVSHM and USER_LDT compiled in the custom kernel and
these sysctls set:
	kern.ipc.shmall: 32768
	kern.ipc.shmmax: 67108864

Versions of ports:
	libdvdnav-0.1.3     The library for the xine-dvdnav plugin
	libxine-1.0.b6      Libraries for xine multimedia player
	xine-0.9.18_1       An X11 multimedia player

I've cvsupped and rebuilt ports as of today and even went as far as to
additionally run:
	portupgrade -fRr

It may be something stale hanging around.  Any ideas on tracking this
problem down?

Thanks,

Randy

Script started on Sun Mar  2 19:47:38 2003
bash-2.05b$ xine
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.9.18
(c) 2000-2003 by G. Bartsch and the xine project team.
Built with xine library 1.0.0 (1-beta6)
Found xine library version: 1.0.0 (1-beta6).
XServer Vendor: The XFree86 Project, Inc. Release: 40200000,
        Protocol Version: 11, Revision: 0,
        Available Screen(s): 1, using 0
        Depth: 16.
        XShmQueryVersion: 1.1.
-[ xiTK version 0.10.1 ]-
-[ xiTK will use XShm ]-
-[ WM type: Blackbox ]-
Display is not using Xinerama.
main: probing <xv> video output plugin
video_out_xv: using Xv port 51 from adaptor Matrox G-Series Backend Scaler for hardware colorspace conversion and scaling.
video_out_xv: open_plugin
video_out_xv: port attribute XV_COLORKEY (6) value is 2110
video_out_xv: this adaptor supports the yuy2 format.
video_out_xv: this adaptor supports the yv12 format.
video_out_xv: property #11 = 0
video_out: thread created
main: probing <oss> audio output plugin
audio_oss_out: Opening audio device...
audio_oss_out: using device >/dev/dsp<
audio_oss_out: using SNDCTL_DSP_GETODELAY
audio_oss_out: supported modes are mono stereo
xine: xine_stream_new
xine: xine_stream_new
xine: xine_stream_new
xine: xine_stream_new
video_out_xv: property #2 = 0
video_out_xv: property #5 = 0
video_out_xv: property #3 = 0
video_out_xv: property #4 = 0
xine: found input plugin  : file input plugin
xine: found demuxer plugin: Elementary MPEG stream demux plugin
xine: waiting for headers.
metronom: video discontinuity #1, type is 0, disc_off is 0
metronom: waiting for audio discontinuity #1
metronom: audio discontinuity #1, type is 0, disc_off 0
metronom: waiting for in_discontinuity update #1
metronom: video vpts adjusted with prebuffer to 247398
metronom: audio vpts adjusted with prebuffer to 247505
Using MMX for IDCT transform
Using 3DNOW for motion compensation
xine: headers processed.
xine: xine_play
demux: start thread called
xine: xine_play_internal ...done
demux: loop starting...
demux: main demuxer loop finished (status: 1)
demux: loop finished (status: 1)
demux: stop thread called
demux: joining thread 175612928

... (lots of repeating errors omitted)
xiTK WARNING(_x_error_handler:220): X error received: 'BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)'
xiTK WARNING(_x_error_handler:220): X error received: 'BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)'

... ( then a few of these errors)
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't attach SHM Segment for Shared Pixmap mask Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages
Imlib ERROR: SHM can't attach SHM Segment for Shared XImage mask
             Falling back on XImages
xine: found input plugin  : file input plugin
xine: found demuxer plugin: Elementary MPEG stream demux plugin
xine: waiting for headers.
metronom: video discontinuity #2, type is 0, disc_off is 0
metronom: waiting for audio discontinuity #2
metronom: audio discontinuity #2, type is 0, disc_off 0
metronom: waiting for in_discontinuity update #2
metronom: video vpts adjusted with prebuffer to 3592703
metronom: audio vpts adjusted with prebuffer to 3592710
xine: headers processed.
xine: xine_play
demux: start thread called
xine: xine_play_internal ...done
demux: stop thread called
demux: joining thread 175612928
demux: loop starting...
demux: main demuxer loop finished (status: 0)
demux: loop finished (status: 0)
xine: waiting for headers.
demux: stop thread called
demux: joining thread 0