Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 21:32:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        "Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk@sgi.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux JDK 1.3 and hotspot (native threads)

Georg-W. Koltermann writes:

<...>
 > In order to get real performance I would like to run either the SUN
 > JDK with -hotspot, or the IBM 1.3 JVM.  Both of these use native linux
 > threads.  With a recent -current I can successfully execute small JAVA
 > test programs, but when I start a real application (e.g. Together from
 > togethersoft.com), it fails with a core dump.

<...>

Can you try the kernel patch in

It sounds like this is going to get committed soon, but I'd like to
know if it has any affect on your problem.

Also, are there any non commercial apps that demonstrate the problem?
Or at least things that I don't have to sign my life away to get
access to?

Thanks,

Drew